Educational Vantage has a very clear and stated Environmental Policy.
At the highest level Educational Vantage’s goal is to be a friend of the environment and achieve this by continuously improve sourcing, production and processes.
Educational Vantage is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace, protecting the environment and conserving energy and natural resources.
Educational Vantage will;
- Use Sedex as the framework for continuous ethical supplier management and environmentally responsibly sourcing improvement.
- Consider the environmental impact of its operations and take appropriate steps to minimise or prevent environmental pollution from all sources.
- Conduct its operations in a manner that is designed to minimise the impact on the environment and the people who live and work in that environment.
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace and ensure that personnel are properly trained and are equipped with the appropriate safety and emergency equipment.
- Establish procedures to ensure that all employees, advisers and contractors are knowledgeable of, and understand and comply with, all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Involve employees and experts in matters of environmental management, and consult with them to develop strategies to reduce the organisation’s environmental impact.
- Generate less than 3% wastage and both recycle and upcycle, where possible.
- Develop and improve operations and technologies to minimise waste and other pollution, minimise health and safety risks, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
- Ensure the responsible use of energy throughout our business.
- Strive to go beyond compliance in meeting relevant environmental laws and regulations and other applicable requirements.
- Promptly report all non-compliance issues in accordance with applicable governmental reporting requirements, evaluate causes of non-compliance, and implement corrective actions.
- Maintain policy and procedures to ensure the periodic review of environmental compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Commit to the continual improvement of its Environmental Policy by establishing and reviewing environmental targets and objectives.
Employees, for their part, will be expected to:
- Become aware of and comply with all relevant legislation, regulations, statutory requirements, working procedures, codes of practice, industry standards, and client imposed requirements (and the like.
- Participate in environmental management training sessions to assist the organisation to develop strategies to reduce its environmental impact.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Report and where possible, rectify environmental hazards (actual and potential) and participate in the analysis of environmental accidents.
- Demonstrate their responsibility for a duty and care towards themselves, their colleagues and members of the public.
Our guiding principle is that that no task is so important as to compromise the health and safety of an individual, or to overlook the environmental impact of what Educational Vantage produces and does. Appropriate consideration must be given to determining a safe, healthy and environmentally friendly work method for each and every activity undertaken.
Michael Young CEO